Jun 12 2014By Ashish Khot
The best way to utilize capture planning for winning government contracts doesn’t have to be a mystery. In fact, we’ve got the solution right here! We’ve compiled a step-by-step guide for you to help keep you on the right track.
- Before pursuing a government contract, determine what your chances of winning are. If the competition seems too tough, you may want to consider choosing something that is more attainable.
- Develop a name for yourself so that you will be distinguishable next to your competition. It’s not good enough to just be good enough. Always be sure that you strategize ways to achieve your goals and stay ahead of your competition.
- Set goals and stick to them. Your goals should be very specific and time sensitive so that you won’t get confused or procrastinate. When your goals are specific, you will know exactly what you need to do to accomplish them, and time sensitive goals provide you with an incentive for getting things done right away.
- Determine how much time and money you will be spending achieving the contract you are seeking. Once you have determined this, be sure that you manage your time and your budget accordingly.
- Constantly gauge how you are doing and if you are on track for achieving your goals. If you need to stop and re-think if it’s worth your energy, this would be the time. If you are ahead of schedule, that doesn’t mean you should necessarily take a break; in some cases that can slow you down or make it more difficult to pick up where you left off.
To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us. We look forward to answering any questions that you may have pertaining to capture planning.